August is quite the warm month in Miami. So much so, that you really have to look for the loosest and lightest fabrics you can to survive the outdoors. I love this loose chambray tank & ruffled wrap skirt, both of which allow me to stay breezy and stylish even when it feels like 99+ outside.
And of course, in my signature style, it wouldn’t be a day on South Beach without my big straw hat and some air-dried beach waves. Add a few coats of my summer perfume and I am set for Monday in a look that is casually put together, but still screams summer.
If you’re visiting Miami for the first time, here are some tips for what I recommend to pack to ensure you are comfortable and have something for every occasion:
1. Two swimsuits (at least, depending on your length of stay)
2. Kimonos and cover-ups for the beach/pool/dining al fresco after a day in the sun
3. Dresses of several kinds: short (for evening), maxi (for windy evenings), caftan/flowy (for drama), rompers (for quick & easy looks)
4. Jean shorts (a few pairs)
7. Texturizing spray (forget trying to straighten your hair in the humidity)
9. An amazing but portable camera (and learn to use it beforehand)
10. A perfect bag to fit it all in. I’m a fan of the Delsey Helium collection.
Having a variety of pieces to mix & match from similar color families is an easy way to maximize your wardrobe. Blue is a staple color for me, and it mixes well with other colors, too. What are your go to colors?