There’s something magical about an oversized kimono. For us in Miami, it’s a great layering piece because it can cover you when it’s a little windy, but it isn’t heavy enough to make you break a sweat (sometimes). I’ve been playing around with some of the more boho pieces in my wardrobe, and this kimono was a purchase that sat in my closet with the tags on for so long, I decided it was time to just throw it over something I always wear and have a new look. Isn’t it the best when new outfits come to life from things that you already own? Minor exception being that the sunglasses are new. Some of my favorite ways to reinvent existing items are:
1. Kimonos over rompers, as pictured here
2. Sweaters over dresses, so they look like skirts
3. Classic cotton tees with pencil skirts
4. Pairing pieces of the same color family for a head to toe monochrome look
5. Pairing stripes with prints of the same color family, rather than with solids
What are some of your favorite ways to repurpose your existing wardrobe?